1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trustees Week

Discussion in 'Sevenoaks Chat' started by West Kent Mind, Nov 6, 2021. Replies: 0 | Views: 110

1. West Kent Mind

West Kent Mind New Member

Home » News
    [​IMG]

6 November 2021 /

1-5 November is Trustees Week and it’s a wonderful opportunity for us to publicly thank our amazing board of trustees.

Pictured here are some of our board, in total we have 11 dedicated trustees who give their time and expertise to support the exciting growth and development of our charity. Find out who they are by visiting our Meet the Team page.

We asked Mary-Ann, Marie and Kirsty to share a little bit about themselves and why they are trustees for West Kent Mind.

Mary-Ann Palmer

I am retired after over 35 years working as a risk manager for large insurance companies and as a financial services regulator. I have had the pleasure of being Chair of West Kent Mind for over 10 years. Initially I became involved as my son was suffering with mental health issues and I was keen to help my local community. Since joining, I have been spurred to discover more about mental health problems and now also participate on the advisory board of University of London’s Mental Health Institute and am a member of the Independent Monitoring Board of HM Prison Maidstone.

Kirsty Cook

Kirsty is the Global Director of Neurodiversity Inclusion Services at a social enterprise. The business trains and advises businesses on how to improve their inclusivity for existing Neurodiverse talent and future applicants.

Her own experience with mental health led her to being an activist for positive wellbeing in the workplace through coaching, teaching yoga, mindfulness & positive psychology, and educating teams about better practices. Before this, she was an analyst and content creator in the financial services sector, and has also worked in PR agencies.

Supporting organisations that have wider societal impact are Kirsty’s main purpose and working with a local Kent team was a big reason for Kirsty joining West Kent Mind.

Marie Stanley

My professional background is in high level finance in the City of London for many years. I am a qualified chartered accountant. I retired 10 years ago and started to look at charities which would be able to use my skills. I chose West Kent Mind as at that time , mental health was not generally seen as a particularly key issue , but I believed it was an immensely important one. I joined as a trustee and became treasurer a couple of years later.

I find the role very fulfilling, in particular watching WKM grow and expand over the years and dealing with the issues arising from the pandemic. I have watched WKM become one of the leading and best respected charities in Kent.

It is particularly exciting at the moment as WKM is in the process of implementing an ambitious growth strategy and I am very pleased to be part of realising that.

The post Trustees Week appeared first on West Kent Mind.

Continue reading...