1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homestead Farm on Rye Lane

Discussion in 'Otford' started by Steve McCombe, Sep 18, 2009. Replies: 2 | Views: 1341

1. Steve McCombe

Steve McCombe New Member

Homestead Farm on Rye Lane

Hi

Does anyone have any memories of Homestead Farm on Rye Lane when it was still a dairy farm? Rogers & Marchant Dairy was run by my great grandfather Frank Rogers and my grandparents Sidney & Hilda McCombe sold the farm in 1968.

Regards

Steve

2. Richard Hards

Richard Hards New Member

Hello, your great grandmother Bertha Rogers was a witness at the wedding of my great grandmother in 1900 in Biggin Hill.

I have a photograph of the wedding group but I'm not able to identify all the people.

Do you have a picture of your great grandmother that might help?

I won't upload the picture here, I'm sure we can sort out a way to communicate off of here (if you get a notification of this reply!)

Best wishes,
    Richard

3. Steve Bristol

Steve Bristol New Member

Hi Richard, I can't remember if I replied to your post. I've not visited this page for years! I have a photo of Frank and Bertha. I remember them both when I visited Homestead Farm. Frank died in 1960 and Bertha in 1963.

Attached Files: