1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP OUR HEDGEHOGS

Discussion in 'Sevenoaks Chat' started by Mark Davis, Mar 31, 2018. Replies: 4 | Views: 451

1. Mark Davis

Mark Davis New Member

Dear Sevenoaks Community,

Our local hedgehogs are having a hard time of it right now facing many perils and they now face a new threat following DEFRA's decision to allow approval of a new trap, named the A24, which was designed in New Zealand to kill hedgehogs which are non native there having been introduced by western settlers.

Although it is being marketed here to kill rats and stoats it will also kill our native hedgehogs if they are lured in.

Hedgehog Street, a body devoted to protecting hedgehogs, are currently encouraging people to sign up to a petition to Parliament to withdraw approval of use of the A24 trap as the link below so if you care about our prickly friends please sign the petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/206274

Thanking you all in anticipation

2. Mark Davis

Mark Davis New Member

If anyone wants a poster about these traps to distibute, put in your shop windows, put on notice boards, staff rooms etc please find attahced.
    40101290801_59b875839d_k.jpg

3. Mark Davis

Mark Davis New Member

Great to see that this post has had almost 200 views and may I thank all of you who have taken the time to read this post and especially all those who have also signed the petiton. I also thank you on behalf of all the hedgehogs both those in Sevenoaks and further afield.

I would also be interested to hear if any of you have seen a hedgehog so far this year as they are now starting to come out of hibernation.

4. Mark Davis

Mark Davis New Member

Hi All,

Just putting out another plea to the Sevenoaks community to help our hedgehogs and ask if any of you haven't already please sign the petition (link below) and please spread the word to your friends and anyone else who may want to help our hogs

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/206274

5. Mark Davis

Mark Davis New Member

Link to short animated film about hedgehogs which hopefully will put a smile on your face :)