1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘Good bloke’ Apprentice JD does good

Discussion in 'Sevenoaks Chat' started by West Kent Mind, Nov 23, 2016. Replies: 0 | Views: 402

1. West Kent Mind

West Kent Mind New Member

Recently fired 2016 BBC Apprentice candidate JD is doing good for our local mental health charity. JD, 38, lives locally with his wife and young family. Reflecting on his time in the Apprentice process where he earned the nickname “the good bloke”, JD wants to continue doing good but this time for charity. In exchange for a donation to West Kent Mind, JD is visiting local businesses, organisations and schools to talk and meet with them.

[​IMG]Have you got what it takes?

Have you got what it takes to fundraise for charity in return for a visit from JD from the BBC Apprentice? Raise a donation for us and JD can visit you and your organisation/school. Email Lucy for more information.

Get a stocking filler and support local mental health charity

Looking for a stocking filler for Christmas? How about one of BBC Apprentice JD’s “JD says Relax” T-shirts. For every T-Shirt purchased at £15, West Kent Mind receives £5. Or holidaying in the sun this winter and looking for some beachwear? Relax in BBC Apprentice JD’s discounted beachwear. For every pair of shorts bought, we receive £15.

Go to www.munklebeachwear.com to place your order

[​IMG]JD says:

“As a person that always wants to do the right thing I decided to contact West Kent Mind about supporting them. Good workplace mental health and wellbeing is essential for employees to perform optimally and therefore for businesses to flourish. In my younger years I experienced poor mental health. Having had this experience and now running my own beachwear company (www.munklebeachwear.com) I am keen to help West Kent Mind to spread this message to businesses and support them in the amazing work they do for people in the local community that are experiencing mental health problems.”

Jill Roberts, CEO of West Kent Mind, says:

“We are delighted to have JD’s support and hope that it raises the profile of the need for good workplace mental health and wellbeing. Local businesses can see the selection of talks and training we offer at West Kent Mind here on our website or call us on 01732 744950.”

The post ‘Good bloke’ Apprentice JD does good appeared first on West Kent Mind.

Continue reading...